Welcome to The Zero (0) Complexity Business IT Design principles¶
Business IT Complexity prevention is a real must for keeping your company agile and adaptive. Stop wasting time and money on complexity. Effective complexity prevention prevents hidden cost, improves quality and enforces an in-depth understanding of problems and customer needs. This 0CX (zero complexity) standard defines architecture and design principles to prevent complexity for new products. A high level of complexity often means serious risks and cost for systems. Especially for systems where humans, processes, software and new technology play a major role.
Status of This Memo¶
This document specifies principles to prevent complexity when designing large scale business IT systems. Discussion and suggestions for improvements of this memo are welcome and encouraged. Just create an issue or pull request at https://github.com/nocomplexity/0complexity. The latest version is always published at https://readthedocs.org. Distribution of this memo in any form is encouraged, so please share the link https://0complexity.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ !
Copyright (c) 2017 Maikel Mardjan and all persons identified as contributor.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ for the full license text or here below:
You are free to: - Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format - Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
The key words “MUST”, “MUST NOT”, “REQUIRED”, “SHALL”, “SHALL NOT”, “SHOULD”, “SHOULD NOT”, “RECOMMENDED”, “MAY”, and “OPTIONAL” in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
- No Complexity design principles
- Rationale and implications of the zero (0) complexity principles
- Put People first!
- Only use what you understand
- Create a model of your solution
- Define specific criteria that are tangible to measure complexity
- Separation of concerns
- Reduce all waste
- Problems should be fixed through simple solutions
- Design for change
- Make sure you can manage IT!
- Privacy by design
- Never over engineer